Rapid KL 万岁!

Yesterday is not my day.. Got so upset with LRT train which took me about one hour and 45 minutes to arrived back at my home instead of the normal time - 35 minutes. It was raining cats and dogs in KL yesterday evening; hence I decided to set off from office a bit late. By the time I arrived at the station, I realized everyone might have had the same thought as me, seeing the long queue. All the train schedules had been delayed; the KLCC station got so congested with the crowd plus the train-delayed announcements.

After a long wait, I finally got in to the train, but the train remained still for 5 minutes. Normally, standing 15 minutes is not a big deal but a 5 minute-standing in a sardine-packed train was the worst feeling ever. The announcement which says “Due to technical difficulties, the train will go slower” made me wanted to cry out loud. The train behaved the same manner too in the preceeding stations – Ampang Park, Damai, Dato Keramat & Jelatek.

When it arrived at Setia Wangsa Station, one staff shouted “Semua Keluar!!!!!” (which means Everyone get out). With that frightening command, the train had been emptied within a minute, and it proceed its journey after leaving all of its passengers at Setia Wangsa Station. I just could’t think of the logic behind leaving all passengers just like that. Worries and frustrations appeared on everyone’s face. With great patience, all the people queued again and waited for other trains to come. Finally, I arrived home and cried out loud for a relief.

8 comments:

weekb4xmas said...

hey it must have been hard on you really that day... knowing that it was the first time ever?? for me i've never had that experience yet... choi choi... hmmm yeah this post makes me wonder how reliable can those things be in times like that... i was reassuring myself all along that KL transportation is super good... have to cross my fingers for the future even though it might be a once in a lifetime exp... it was tough when it actually happened...

သဉ်ဇာ - Thinzar said...

weekb4xmas>> seems u seldom take LRT.. The service interrupt is quite often these days maa. Last time, I was trapped inside it where it halted for half an hour.
u would want to take back the statement that "KL transportation is super good",
if u read the news about KTM (Rawang-Seremban) line delay last week :D (All the passengers had to get down from Komuter and walk to the nearest station -which is not very near-, on the rail-track!! what an adventure!!)

weekb4xmas said...

exactly that was why i was saying i thought it was super good compared to what we had back home .... hmmmm it sucks in a way that it has to happen in here.... i mean it could have been alot better... and lucky i don't need to like take all sorts of transportation frequently...

humaimee said...

Hmmm ... time to get a car :p

သဉ်ဇာ - Thinzar said...

weekb4xmas >> yeah.. of course it's a lot better than back there :)

humaimee>> then, hv to face that heavy traffic jam out there in KL.. it'll be worse.. huhu..

An Asian Tour Operator said...

I believe it is a rarely happened case for me being here for a couple of years in Malaysia. I was so upset for first day in Kuala Lumpur as I was informed "Hi Mister, your baggage was missed leading to Kuming" before I departed from Yangon Airport. Being a tour operator I have traveled often but fist experience with Air Asia :).. My first day in my newly joined office was busy with tracing my lagguage ;( I was suggested to go and claim at KL Sentral Air Asia Office. It was my very first time to use LRT in Malaysia from Ampang Park to KL Sentral. It took about almost 2 hours. My boss sent message to me and said "Lost again???" :)

သဉ်ဇာ - Thinzar said...

asian tour operator>> yeah..that's a rare case for rapidKL. I was just so upset since I've never encountered such things. Now I got use to it after I travel by KTM a few times. The delay is very normal with the KTM commuters. I've never had problem with air asia yet :)

An Asian Tour Operator said...

You are lucky then :) at that time I posted on my gtalk status "Now everyone can blame" with their logo ehehe :P

Post a Comment

Please feel free to use any font to comment :)