HANDPHONE GOT STOLEN

My hand phone got pick-pocketed yesterday on KTM train around 6:30 PM. With the great system of Holink, I could be able to recover my lost SIM card in less than half an hour (now I know the value of registering pre-paid card numbers). But all my contact list can’t be recovered. So, if I asked “may I know whom am I speaking to?” when you happen to call me, please don’t get me wrong. I really have lost all the contact list.

This is my first time ever in life that my thing got stolen by a pickpocket. I should just blame myself for being too careless. Yesterday, I went to midValley for movie - National Treasure II. After departing with my friend who has to go back to Cheras, I took KTM alone to come back. When the train arrived at the KL Central Station, I could feel something just leave my bag. I saw all three zips (of three compartments of bag) were opened when I checked it, the hand phone was gone but my wallet was still there. I think the train probably stopped before the pickpocket could reach my wallet which was in the other compartment of my bag. I would say it’s a lucky thing out of an unlucky event. It’s easier to get a hand phone back compare to calling the bank to block the ATM card, re-applying the immigration card, etc etc. (Actually there’s only RM 12 left in my wallet.) The blame should be on my habit of wearing the bag at the back which makes it so easy any picket pocket to get an eye on it.


I felt like I saw that pick-pocket, but since all people were rushing out of the train, he easily got lost from my sight in that big crowd. If I were with a friend, at least I could be able to call my number immadiately, maybe I could recognize my ringtone. So, if you were me, what would you have done? Calling out for help? Shouting at that place? Crying around? I know no one would care. Sigh.. cry
Goodbye SE K608i...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone? (from a forwarded email)

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

8 comments:

Thet said...

himm! so pity. So you'll use new number?

Yac00b said...

Inna lilahi was innah ilahi rajeun... Well atleast u dint lose ur wallet. Alhmadulilah.

If I were you given the circumstances its quite hard to tell wat I wud do... All I wud do is to look arnd and see for some suspicious looking guy. I wuold call Maxis and block my phone (there is a mechanism to disable phones) so that the guy who stole it cant get to use it or sell it !

-Ch00b

Mhaw Sayar said...

You know, that really sucks! And I feel very sorry to hear that.

သဉ်ဇာ - Thinzar said...

thet>> no.. i've recovered my old number on the same day.. so, still using the old number. but i lost all contact list.. :(

Mr Ch00b>> if u see that suspicious looking guy, what would u do? will shout for help? no rite? To block the phones, we need to provide the serial number of the phone.. and i forgot to write it down :( if not, i'll go and block it...

mbl0gger>> yeah.. all the contact list that i've collected in 2 years is just like gone with the wind.

Nakael Sidek Karim said...

I would buy a symbian phone and install security software on that phone so that the whole phone would be disabled once the simcard has been changed..lalala..pity you...

သဉ်ဇာ - Thinzar said...

sidek>> i feel pity to myself too :( (even though it's not new anymore with so many scratches, as u know...)

weekb4xmas said...

hey sorry to have learnt that you just lost your phone... i know how it feels like... cos it happened to me once before in a sense that nobody pickpocketed it... but the repair shop stole all the internal parts... hope you will get a newer one...

သဉ်ဇာ - Thinzar said...

weekb4xmas>> yeah.. can't do anything anymore rather than getting a new one.. sob~~sob~~ owh ho.. repair shop stole all internal parts??? that's "robbing officially".. :D

Post a Comment

Please feel free to use any font to comment :)